Friday, September 11, 2015

A day to remember and we'll never forget any of you

Here's my teenie tiny contribution to Remembering the fallen on 9/11

I still get chills and tears well in my eyes when I hear people say where they were and how they felt as they heard the news of the first plane hitting and then the second plane. I get that funny feeling in the pit of my stomach and my chest when I see footage of the buildings fall. I was thousands of miles away and only watched on TV and yet if I felt helpless, lost and shattered, imagine how those felt who were standing right there. To say my heart goes out to them, just doesn’t seem like enough. I can only pray that God will touch each one of them and let them know he’s there.

I kept saying over and over, WHY? I'm not a political person, so I'm naive when it comes to foreign affairs. Or maybe I intentionally stay out of it, because I know my heart can’t take the horror. I just didn't understand why anyone could or would take completely innocent lives, in the name of religion, politics or because a so called leader said no lives matter, only my cause. I am befuddled at the idea that human lives don’t matter, for any reason. And yes, I’m fool-hearted, I know.

My heart goes out to the amazingly brave people on the plane that took action, knowing it was the last thing they would ever do. Who knows how many lives they saved with their own. That's a hero, that's having the heart and strength of a warrior. And to each and every person that dug out people, alive or dead, and had to see the devastation left behind. God bless them all. And God bless those left behind. I hope, for at least today, we can remember a day when we all stood together and helped each other survive, physically and emotionally. They hugged, cried, screamed, pulled with every ounce of strength and rejoiced when they found a survivor. Those terrorists didn't care who was on those planes, what they did for a living or where their families where from or what religion they were, the terrorists were going to kill them all. Let's not let them take our dignity too, they took enough.

So to the firemen, policemen, doctors, nurses, by standers, bus drivers, pilots, passengers, construction workers and every other person in New York that day I say I’m so sorry for your loss and the tragedy you had to endure. And Thank You to you and all the other people from around the country and the world that went to New York to help. I believe this is what any God would want man to do, help each other.

The world will never be perfect and may never see full peace, but at least it’s comforting to know that when a tragedy of this magnitude hits, we can all come together and survive. May God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment